- Anthony Joshua has told Tyson Fury that he will be 'ready in December'
- Joshua responded after Fury discussed the potential Battle of Britain clash
- After Fury's statement Joshua told the Gypsy King to make the first move
Anthony Joshua has picked up the gauntlet thrown down by Tyson Fury and agreed to meet the Gypsy King in one of the biggest domestic heavyweight fights in modern British boxing history.
Fury challenged Joshua to a December fight as soon as Oleksandr Usyk insisted on taking a family break until February at the earliest after beating AJ in last month's rematch in Saudi Arabia.
Fury, reluctant to wait until next year for Usyk to fight him for the cherished undisputed world heavyweight crown while already back in training, called out Joshua for the clash for which home fans have been waiting for years.
"I think you've all heard that I'm going to be fighting soon within the next few months," Fury said.
"I think that before I announce an opponent that I need to do this just in case.
"Anthony Joshua, I know you've just lost a fight to Usyk and you're bout-less at the moment, and I'd like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months," he said in a public address to Joshua.
"You're coming off a 12-round fight, so you're match fit, you're ready. I'm giving you a few months' notice.
"If you're interested I'll send you the date over and we can rumble. A battle of Britain for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world.
"Let me know if you're interested, if not I will select another opponent."
Fury later repeated his offer to Joshua via Twitter on Monday evening, claiming he has both the "date and venue" arranged.
Joshua responded later that evening, directing Fury to his management team to discuss a deal.
"Yea calm," Joshua posted. "I don't do the online discussions just for clout, so if your really about it shout @258mgt.
"I'll be ready in December."