President Muhammadu Buhari has reshuffled his cabinet with newly-designated ministers given portfolios.
Eleven ministerial positions are affected in the reshufflement.
Below is the list of the ministers’ new portfolios:
- Adeleke Mamora/minister of science and technology (formerly minister of state, health)
- Mu’azu Jaji Sambo/minister of transportation (formerly minister of power)
- Umanna Okon Umanna/minister of Niger Delta
- Sharon Ikeazor/minister of state, Niger Delta (formerly minister of state, environment)
- Gbemisola Saraki/minister of state, mines and steel development (formerly minister of state, transportation)
- Umar Ibrahim EI-Yakub/minister of state, works and housing
- Goodluck Nanah Opiah/minister of state, education
- Ekumankama Joseph Nkama/minister of state, health
- Ikoh Henry Ikechukwu/minister of state, science and technology
- Odum Udi/minister of state, environment
- Ademola Adewole Adegoroye/minister of state, transportation
Meanwhile,The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) on Wednesday swore in seven new seven ministers following their screening and confirmation by the Senate.
Buhari swore in the ministers shortly before the commencement of the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.
The seven ministers will replace those who resigned from their appointment in May 2022 to actualise their political ambition.
Those sworn in include Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State, Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State, Odum Odih – Rivers State, and Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State.
Others are Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State, Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State and Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State.
Those in attendance also observed a minute’s silence in the deceased Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Secretary-Genera, Mohammed Barkindo, who died on Tuesday.